Special Interest Safaris
Cape Classics Africa can incorporate any of the special interest activities below into your overall Southern, East African Experience or Indian Ocean Island Experience.
- Horseback Safaris – A very special experience is an Okavango horseback safari. Riding with giraffe or zebra and splashing through the sparkling flood plains contribute to the ultimate African adventure. Qualified guides will share with you their intimate knowledge of this wilderness, using the horses to best effect to bring you closer to birds, game and nature
- Tuna Fishing Safaris – The Cape waters in South Africa offer some of the richest tuna fishing grounds in the world today. The Yellowfin Tuna often top the scales at 80 kgs plus. A day out in the deep will long be remembered as it brings you into contact not only with one of the world’s toughest fighting fish but also into a diverse ecosystem. Out in the warm water currents, you will get the opportunity to see numerous species of Albatross, Killer Whales (Orca) and Dusky Dolphins. Big Game Fishing off the East Coast of Africa is also
- Mountain Biking Safaris – Join an intimate small-group active safari with experienced local guides and wildlife-tracking specialists. Mountain biking will allow you to view and experience the natural wonders of this land. You’ll see lion, hyena, leopard, giraffe, zebra and much more. Nights are spent in a remote luxury lodge and luxury camping.
- Tiger Fishing Safaris -Fishing on the Zambezi River in Zimbabwe and Zambia is possibly as close as one can get to fresh water fishing perfection. There are over 75 fish species inhabiting these waters. The most sought-after of these is the Tiger Fish, well renowned as probably the greatest fighting fresh water fish around. It is a ferocious species which can grow as large as 15kg in weight.
- Photographic Safaris – There is something about the light in Africa that makes it a very special place for photograpy. The desert dunes at sunset, the elephants on the river shore, getting close to a host of wild animals in their natural environment all gives one countless opportunities to take the perfect photo. There are many luxury lodges that offer specialist photographic safaris for amateurs and professionals alike.
- Yoga Safaris – Enjoy the unique ambiance of the South African bushveld, view the Big 5, participate in the warm Indian Ocean experience, 5-Star luxurious accommodation combined with daily yoga and meditations designed for your relaxation, rejuvenation and reflection.
- Craft Art Tours -South Africa’s art and craft scene reflects the country’s rich cultural diversity. Art and craft objects in South Africa include items like wire art and eco-friendly bags made from recycled bottle tops , traditional beadwork, pottery and woven baskets, tableware, fabrics, ceramics and beautiful wooden carvings. The cooperatives that employ our local craft artists also nurture hidden talent, with skilled artists emerging to attain national and international attention for their work. South Africa also has many galleries and museums that showcase examples of traditional and more recent South African art, from that of the San to artists like Irma Stern, Gerald Sekoto and Walter Battiss.