The coast of southern and East Africa is blessed with thousands of kilometres of white sandy beaches. To make the decision as to where spend your beach break is the difficult part. Firstly one needs to look at the time of year when you will be travelling. For example, January to March is the cyclone season in Mozambique and Mauritius. The long rains fall in Zanzibar in April and May. The cooler winter weather in the Cape is generally April to October. This is where you need an expert to guide your decision to ensure that your beach vacation is all that you dream it to be.
Suggested beach destinations
- South Africa – Cape Town is a fabulous vacation destination as it has the mountain running along the length of its peninsula with ocean on both sides. The Cold Atlantic Ocean with its beautiful beaches on the one side and the warm Indian Ocean with its coastal towns on the other. One is spoilt for choice when deciding which beach to enjoy for a day of sunshine and surf.
- South Africa – Maputaland Coastal Forest and Marine Reserve on Kwazulu Natal’s north coast has a unique beach lodges and camp which will may make the perfect ending to your South African game safari. Set back and shaded by the lush coastal forest and home to a variety of animals and birds, one can experience world class diving, deep sea fishing, snorkelling and unspoilt shore and beach adventures.
- Zanzibar Archipelago – 25 – 50 km off the shore of Tanzania lies the Zanzibar Archipelago which consists of Zanzibar, Pemba and numerous smaller islands. The name alone is likely to conjure up images of spice markets, palm fringed beaches and white sailed Dhows on a turquoise sea. The reality does not disappoint. Zanzibar is the perfect ending to your East African safari and offers a range of accommodation from beach bungalows to upmarket boutique hotels and spas.
- Malindi and Mombasa – Kenya’s coastal towns offer long white beaches, turquoise seas with marine reserves for snorkelling and diving and good quality resort hotels. These beach resorts make the perfect ending to a wildlife safari in this magnificent and diverse country.
- Mozambique – with 2500 km of coastline and numerous off shore islands, Mozambique is a beach destination of note. Excellent resort hotels offer superb accommodation, diving, snorkelling, dhow sailing, deep sea fishing, horse riding and even the possibility of swimming with dolphins.
- Mauritius – a jewel in the Indian Ocean Island dotted with superb resort hotels. This is the perfect place to kick off your shoes and relax. Warm water, white beaches and an excellent range of accommodation makes Mauritius a favourite for South Africans wanting a family vacation or a romantic getaway.
- Seychelles – is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean of 155 islands. These islands have to be some of the world’s most beautiful. Giant palms, huge granite boulders, soft white sand and azure sea make this a perfect honeymoon destination. A vacation on these islands is something dreams are made of.
Talk to us about your travel plans
Take the stress out of planning. Free yourself up to look forward to your adventure. We at Cape Classics strive to understand your personal style in creating itineraries that will feed your soul.